A couple of particularly productive days at the site have seen walls move, disappear, be rebuilt and get plastered. It is very satisfying to be putting things back together rather than taking them down.
The guest toilet has been slightly resited to make room in the kitchen for a dishwasher, which required a cunning move with a whole section of dry wall, and as a result the pot wash area in the kitchen is looking positively palatial. The old kitchen hatch was a narrow slot at eye level. We had planned to enlarge the hatch, but in a spur of the moment decision this afternoon we have removed an entire section of wall to create a very open kitchen, and allow our fancy induction range to be wheeled in with ease when it is delivered next month.
The wall behind the bar in the dining room has been exposed, and we have now removed the old battens and filled in all the holes, so it is ready to receive the plumbing first fix.